- Acceleration of the Antibiotics program: €14.6m of funding by Bpifrance (including € 10.4m for the DEINOVE Group) and structuring of the product portfolio
- Successful production on an industrial scale: a world first for Deinococcus fermentation
- Imminent commercial launch of a first carotenoid for cosmetics following the confirmed success of the DEINOCHEM program, supported by ADEME
- Two other cosmetic active ingredients in co-development
- 2017 net income of the Group: -€7.3m versus -€6.3m in 2016, mainly due to the full consolidation of the subsidiary DEINOBIOTICS in the consolidated financial statements
DEINOVE (Euronext Growth Paris: ALDEI), a biotech company that discovers, develops, and produces high-value compounds from rare bacteria, notably from the Deinococcus genus, announces today that its Board of Directors has approved the 2017 annual accounts. Following the 100% integration of its subsidiary DEINOBIOTICS on January 5, 2017, DEINOVE presents for the first time annual consolidated accounts.
Charles WOLER, President of DEINOVE’s Board of Directors, said: "The year 2017 was marked by several events that validate the strategic choices made in 2016. The AGIR antibiotic project received significant support from the ‘Investments for the Future’ Program, and new developments are expected after the latest announcements. Progress in carotenoid industrial production and cosmetic partnerships are also exciting prospects in the short term.”
“Our teams are very involved towards the success of the various programs. We are proud to launch imminently our first active ingredient for cosmetics and are already thinking about the future. In parallel, we continue our commitment in the fight against antibiotic resistance; the collaborations set up in recent weeks will contribute to the acceleration of this project,” added Emmanuel PETIOT, CEO of DEINOVE.